Friday, May 2, 2008

Blessings abound

After two days off work I have lots to tend to this morning but wanted to take a moment to share some exciting news from our lives:

My Uncle Mike had surgery on Wednesday. The surgeon said the surgery was very successful - the cancer had not spread and he may not need any further treatment. We are SOOO thankful for this prognosis and will keep praying for a quick recovery and cancer-free future. He went home yesterday from the hospital. My Mom & I were glad we could be there. It was great to see him, my aunt April, cousin Jared and his beautiful wife and new baby. Plus, as a bonus, once I arrived and realized he was at a Mayo hospital, discovered it was the same hospital my friend Miaka works in!

Also, we are no longer the owners of an ice cream store. You can not possibly understand how exciting this is for us!!!! No more ordering and wrangling with vendors, no more scheduling and juggling requests off, no more payroll and bill paying, no more cleaning and organizing a store, no more last minute trips to Sams, early morning stops at the mall or phone calls all day long. YAY! And for those who keep asking us what we'll do with our free time - the point of selling was so we'd have more time to focus on our apartments, full-time jobs and each other!! Believe me, it will not lead to boredom and tv-watching in our underwear. ha!

Thirdly, for today at least, my little bro graduated from Grand View. He didn't want to attend the graduation ceremony and he may not want the hoopla or attention but he can't stop me from being very, very proud of him.

No comments: