Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Luxury, thy name is Swiffer

As I was mopping my floor last night I started thinking about incredibly American model of mop, the Swiffer. A piece of plastic with disposable covers, leading to ever-continual demand and thus supply. Nothing about it is lasting or complex. And yet, it saves so much time! I could do it the good old-fashioned way, mop and bucket, but that'd mean digging out mop & bucket and hauling around, rinsing out, etc. Plus to not spread dirt around you have to continually re-fill the bucket. So somebody, probably as lazy as I, came up with this disposable, easy version. And I love it. Not the most eco-conscious or fiscally conservative. but EASY, so easy. Plus, the kind I used last night smelled of lavender. What could be better?

p.s. yes, I know I'm a dork.

No comments: