Monday, November 10, 2008

*sigh of relief*

Wow. After hours at the gym + pounds of veggies & cooked chicken + LOTS of hardwork + sheer determination my best friend (ie. my husband Tyler) got in the ring Saturday for his Muay Thai debut. And let me tell ya - it was quite the show. He kicked and punched his opponent around the ring while we screamed & shouted. And he came out uninjured ('cept for a nice black eye) which I'm truly thankful for.

I'm married to one exceptional man who makes me proud on a regular basis and this was no exception. When my man sets his mind to something there is NO dissuading him. And so once he decided to train in MMA fighting, he adopted a strict diet, dropped weight and worked his tail off in the gym. I doubt many in the audience would have guessed he'd only been training in Muay Thai about 3 months.  I've only gotten to see pieces and bits of his moves and skills (usually when he's practicing holds on me or hitting pads I'm holding) so it was really fun for me to see him put it all together. Plus, he looked exceptionally hot despite those ugly green shorts!  :)

Judging from how many in the audience cheering for him, we have both been blessed with wonderful family & fiends. Thanks to all who have been so supportive!

I'm having trouble loading more pics into this blog so check out more here!

No comments: